Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Review: Blood Sin (Awakened By Blood #2) by Marie Treanor

Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2)

Description

Even if you walk in the light, you can dwell in the dark.

Months after her dangerous encounter with vampire overlord Saloman, Scottish academic Elizabeth Silk is still trying to cope with both the demands of her ancestral bloodline—which marks her as a vampire hunter — and the overpowering desire she feels for the immortal she brought back from the grave. But she is not alone in her fascination with Saloman.

When Elizabeth tracks down a distant cousin from America, she learns he possesses an antique sword that has caught the interest of the Grand Master of the American hunters. It is the ancient and mystical sword of Saloman — a treasure of vast occult powers and a prize beyond measure to both vampires and humans. Now the race is on for possession of the sword.

Even as her enemies and allies shift their allegiances and battle for supremacy, Elizabeth must decide which will rule her own perilous fate: unwanted loyalty or unholy love.

Book Details

Title: Blood Sin
Author: Marie Treanor
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Signet Eclipse
Release Date: April 5, 2011 
ISBN-10: 0451232313
ISBN-13: 978-0451232311
Source: Bewitching Book Tours

Review

Blood Sin takes place six months after Blood on Silk. I liked the flow of this novel from the first but it did have a little of that arch between book feel were you know you are being bridged from one place to another. Even having said that, I never felt pushed in any way and I liked Blood Sin.

As Blood Sin starts, Elizabeth is back at her old life and teaching at a university. I enjoyed seeing her at the university and teaching, I liked the interaction you got between Elizabeth and her students as well. I enjoyed her character so much more in this book. Elizabeth is still training and discovering her strength in many ways and she is not the  wishy washy girl she was in Blood on Silk. I was so happy with her character growth.

There are new characters in Blood Sin. First is Elizabeth's distant cousin Josh who just so happens to be a famous actor. Ok, so I liked Josh’s character and he added to the story, but I did not buy into the whole huge actor bit. Yes, I know this is all fiction but he just moved around a little too freely to be this huge actor, in my opinion. (Not that I know any big actors personally.) The second new character is Dante who is your quintessential bad guy. Dante somehow knows way too much about everyone in Elizabeth’s life. He desperately wants to get Saloman’s sword for all kinds of spoilery reasons I am not going to tell you because you should read this series:)

I know what you’re wondering now. “What about Saloman and Elizabeth? Do they get together in this book?” All I have to say about them is when Saloman and Elizabeth are together on page I can’t keep my lips from smiling. They are so hot! And Saloman…I do believe I have found a new vamp to love.

I love the continuous world building in the Awakened by Blood series. Marie Treanor has me wanting to go to places like Budapest, which before this series has never even been on my radar.

Happy Reading,

Awesome! Reread worthy.

Recommended For
Adults: For graphic sex, language, and some violence.

Other Books In This Series
Blood on Silk (Awakened by Blood, #1)Blood Eternal (Awakened by Blood, #3)

Make sure to stop by tomorrow Marie will be on the blog and we will be giving away a copy of Blood Eternal!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not big on vampires but like your review. I may check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review. I should take a closer look at this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca! I've just seen your wonderful reviews of BLOOD ON SILK and BLOOD SIN! Thank you so much! I'm thrilled you enjoyed them :).

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!